Steps to open a Bank Account
- Decide which services you want. The Bank Account Selector tool can help you decide.>
- Choose a bank. Pick a bank that has a location and hours that are good for you, with all the se vices you want.
- Make an appointment to go to the bank in person. If you are under 18, you must take your parent or guardian.
- Review the account options. Make sure to ask them about services, interest rates, and service fees.
- Complete the papers needed to open an account. Make sure that you bring the right identification (I.D.).
You have three options:
- You can show 2 pieces of I.D. from List A below
- You can show 1 piece of I.D. from List A and 1 piece of I.D. from List B
- You can show 1 piece of I.D. from List A and have someone the bank knows confirm your identity.